CS1031 Asheville NC Apartment Portfolio, DST
Asheville experienced the strongest growth in multifamily rental rates of any metro in North Carolina. The twelve months ended January 2021, with rents increasing approximately 25%.1
Asheville NC Apartment Portfolio is a two-property portfolio located in close proximity to downtown Asheville. The portfolio consists of a 253-unit multifamily community, River Mill Lofts, and a 52-unit multifamily community, Skyloft Apartments. High-end unit finishes for both properties include tile backsplash, stainless steel appliances, nine foot ceilings and walk-in closets within spacious units averaging 1,120 square feet. River Mill Lofts features quartz countertops and Skylofts offers granite countertops.
Both properties are located within close proximity to downtown Asheville, which is known for its prolific food scene, having just been named the number one food destination in the U.S. for 2022 by Travel & Leisure.2
Sources: 1. https://abc11.com/rent-prices-increase-north-carolina-affordable-housing/11533489/, 2022.
2. https://www.travelandleisure.com/food-drink/asheville-northcarolina-top-food-destination, 2022.
Consider the Risks:
An investment in the Interests involves substantial investment and tax risks, including, without limitation, the following risks:
• Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
• The economic success of the Interests will depend upon the results of operations of the Property. Fluctuations in vacancy rates, rent schedules, and operating expenses can adversely affect operating results or render the sale or refinancing of the Property difficult or unattractive.
• The Master Tenant’s capitalization is supported solely by the cash flow from the underlying tenant lease. The Sponsor is not under any obligation to contribute capital to the Master Tenant.
• No assurance can be given that future cash flow will be sufficient to make the debt service payments on any borrowed funds and also cover capital expenditures or operating expenses.
• No assurance can be given that Beneficial Owners of Interests will realize a substantial return (if any) on their investment or that they will not lose their entire investment in the Trust.
• There are various risks associated with owning, financing, operating, and leasing commercial properties in North Carolina.
• The Interests are not freely transferable by the Beneficial Owners.
• The Interests do not represent a diversified investment.
• Beneficial Owners must completely rely on the Master Tenant to collect the rent and operate, manage, lease, and maintain the Property.
• The Beneficial Owners have no voting rights with respect to the management or operations of the Trust or in connection with the sale of the property.
• There are various conflicts of interest among the Trust, the Sponsor, the Signatory Trustee, and their Affiliates.
• The Interests are illiquid.
• There are tax risks associated with an investment in the Interests.
• There are risks related to competition from properties similar to and near the property.
• There may be environmental risks related to the property.
• Private Placements are speculative.
*“Tax-Advantaged” refers to any type of investment that is either exempt from taxation, tax-deferred, or that offers other types of tax benefits. Capital Square is a national sponsor of investment opportunities that can provide such benefits via our 1031 exchange and opportunity zone offerings, among others. Securities offered through WealthForge Securities, LLC, the managing brokerdealer for the CS1031 Asheville NC Apartment Portfolio, DST offering and member FINRA/SIPC. Capital Square and WealthForge are not affiliated.
Asheville NC Apartment Portfolio is a two-property portfolio located in close proximity to downtown Asheville, North Carolina.