CSRA Grocery Portfolio I, DST
Grocery-Anchored Shopping Centers. Food Lion is a necessity retailer with strong store sales. Food Lion is owned by Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG), which has an S&P rating of BBB-/A-3. Food Lion, the anchor tenant, recently signed new 10-year leases. Tenants are responsible for the payment of taxes, insurance, maintenance and repairs, protecting investor distributions from future inflation.
The properties are in growing markets with strong Food Lion brand recognition. Portfolio approximately 98 percent leased upon acquisition. Seller to complete substantial renovations, all at seller’s cost. Delhaize Group, which owns Food Lion and Hannaford, and Royal Ahold, NV, which owns Giant, Stop & Shop and Martins, recently announced a merger. The Sponsor believes that the proposed merger would be a positive for the properties by creating a financially stronger anchor-tenant with total sales of more than $60 billion, and a combined enterprise with greater buying power and reduced corporate overhead. Moody’s Investors Services is considering Delhaize Group for a credit rating upgrade as a result of the merger. However, the merger has not been completed and still has to clear regulatory hurdles.
Consider the Risks An investment in the Interests involves substantial investment and tax risks, including, without limitation, the following risks:
- There are various risks associated with owning, financing, operating, and leasing commercial properties in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- The Interests do not represent a diversified investment.
- Beneficial Owners must completely rely on the Master Tenant to collect the rent and operate, manage, lease, and maintain the Property.
- The Beneficial Owners have no voting rights with respect to the management or operations of the Trust or in connection with the sale of the property.
- There are various conflicts of interest among the Trust, the Sponsor, the Signatory Trustee, and their Affiliates.
- The Interests are illiquid.
- There are tax risks associated with an investment in the Interests.
- There are risks related to competition from properties similar to and near the property.
- There may be environmental risks related to the property.
Three grocery-anchored shopping centers leased to Food Lion, a necessity retailer in North Carolina and South Carolina